1. When the flight crew calls people to start boarding the plane they’ll say that people who have infants or more luggage board the plane, board the plane. Often people with chronic illnesses have a lot of luggage with medical equipment in it so it would be easy to get on early.
2. Wear a mask, this can help keep away unwanted germs and sicknesses.
3. When getting bags checked ask them to put a fragile sticker on it so your medical equipment doesn’t get broken
4. When packing your pill container put it in a ziplock bag so if it opens it doesn’t get all over your bag and it easy to put back in
5. Have a airport staff help you through security if it’s busy or if you have to pack a lot of medical equipment that can’t get checked
6. Always pack extra stuff, you never know when you’ll need an extra gause or even a feeding tube button
7. Call the airline beforehand
What I packed for a Two Week Trip
So I’m currently on a plane because yesterday the flight got canceled as some of you may know since i posted a update last night about it but I decided to write some blog posts.
Here is what I packed
• 4 pairs of shorts
• 7 pairs of short sleeve shirts
• Medical stuff
• iPad and phone
• Extra pair of clothes
• Wet wipes
• Drawing stuff
• Medical stuff
1. If you travel a lot you know about frequent flights miles. You can buy tickets with it and save a lot of money
2. Pack things like lotion and shampoo in smaller, travel containers to save room in your toiletries bag
3. Put toilet paper in eyeshadow, blush, and powder pallets. This will help it not break since there won’t be any space in between the product and the container top
4. Put any liquid makeup in a plastic bag Incase it breaks
5. Put a pill container in a ziplock bag so if the pills don’t come out
6. Bring Clorox wipes to wipe down your seat in the airplane
7. Pack necklaces in straws so they don’t get tangled
8. Pack a extra pair of clothes Incase your luggage gets lost
9. Download stuff on Netflix
10. Bring earbuds for listening to music or watching movies.
Airport Journey part 1
So I woke up at 5:30 from my gtube machine beeping even though I set my alarm for 6am so I could have around 4 hours before we had to leave for the airport. We had some mix up with the flight information since we were told our flight was delayed til tonight but we got the wrong information. We changed flights and now it’s 6:18pm and my flight to Paris takes off at 10:20, since it’s a international flight we board around a hour, hour and a half early. We were told to get here as soon as possible because the flight time could change earlier.
I’m waiting near my gate typing for my blog, I’m going to draw soon but I’m not sure what yet. Since for now my flights at 10 they won’t be serving dinner on the plane so I’ll probably go get dinner in a little bit. My lungs decided to hate me and I’ve been having a coughing fit since I got to security. Which makes me feel like crap and my lungs feel weird like there’s stuff in there, which there is. Anyways I’m trying to think of more things to write here since there’s not much going on. I guess I’ll talk a little bit of how much a pain it is traveling with a chronic illness.
Between me and my sister we have 3 suitcases just for medical stuff for the two weeks we’re going to be in Paris. It doesn’t even have all of our things. We only packed one nebulizer and one vest. One bag had all my feeding tube formula. Another one had all the miscellaneous things like bags with my inhalers, arubika, and spacer. In another bad I had some enzymes and feeding tube bags. I also have my pill container, two gtube extension tubes and syringes, a extra feeding tube Incase mine comes out, two feeding tube pumps Incase one breaks, and a nebulizer pump. In another suitcase I have a vest and on top of it is a bag with the actual vest and other little things.
When I went through security I had to go through the big spaceship looking thing where you have to stand in it for a second with your hands up. Since I’m only 14 I was surprised but it’s a international flight so I guess it makes since.
(It’s staring into my soul)
Right now my family is sitting in longhorns waiting for our food. Before we moved we always went to longhorns but when we moved there wasn’t one near us. Now when we go on vacation and there’s one near us we go there. After we eat I want to get Starbucks and get a bag of chips and candy for the plane.
(This is my vein, the big building is a hotel attached to the airport)
I’m currently waiting for my plane to start boarding, which is in about a hour. I just got back from eating and as I said before I got some candy to munch on the plane. We’re at the gate across from our actual gate because the sun is really bright and where we are there’s windows everywhere. This is going to be my last update since I need to upload this tonight. We’re going to get there around 11am but it will be 6:30 in the morning here and I won’t have internet access for a few hours after I land. Anyways that’s all for now, bye!